We all have those days where we don’t want to deal with washing our hair, drying it, styling it, etc. This is why dry shampoo is an amazing invention. I personally love the ability to go days without worrying about my hair.
Plus, if you haven’t heard by now, it’s actually recommended to not wash your hair every day. Your hair requires its natural oils to stay healthy, and too much shampoo can rob your scalp of their benefits.
Dry shampoo at the store can be costly and is made with many ingredients. This dry shampoo only requires two common household ingredients: cornstarch and baking soda. (And if you miss your shampoo’s fragrance, you can add in essential oils!)
This shampoo can be made two ways, depending on if you have blonde or brown hair.
LIGHT HAIR INGREDIENTS
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup baking soda
DARK HAIR INSTRUCTIONS
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Add cornstarch to the jar.
- Add baking soda to the jar.
- If you have dark hair, add cocoa powder.
- Optional: Add in 10 drops essential oil of your choice.
- Stir to combine.
- Store in an airtight jar.
- Sprinkle on hair.
- Let sit to absorb oils for a couple of minutes.
- Brush out.
- Massage any remaining dry shampoo into the scalp.
Baking soda and cornstarch are both amazing natural ingredients to absorb excess oils in your hair without completely stripping them away.
Have you tried any other natural solutions for your hair? An apple cider vinegar rinse? Or a coconut oil hair mask? Let me know your favorite natural homemade hair tips & tricks below!