You might think the title of this post is a little dramatic, but I promise you, telling yourself positive affirmations every morning will really change your outlook.
What better way to start your day than by telling yourself that you’re proud of how far you’ve come, or that you are beautiful and loved?
When you start telling yourself positive statements about yourself you will start to believe them and realize your full capability and self-worth.
Now, it might seem weird and silly speaking aloud affirmations to yourself and hey, not everyone is comfortable starting out like that. Start by writing them down and eventually work your way up to actually speaking them out loud. Once you start to hear the positivity out of your own mouth, the connection and confidence you have in yourself will grow.
We live in a society where we are constantly comparing ourselves to people we see on Instagram or any other social platform. Sometimes we forget our self-worth, but I promise there is so much to love about yourself and it is so important for you to see those things. That’s why I practice self-affirmations every day, and whenever I feel down.
It can start out small and simple like, “I am enough.” Or it can be more specific like “I have the power to create the life I want.”
If you don’t know where to begin, here are 10 affirmations you can start with:
- I was not made to give up.
- I know my worth.
- I will not worry about things I cannot control.
- I will be kind to myself today and those around me.
- Today is a gift and I’m blessed to be here.
- I am excited about the person I am becoming.
- All I need is already within me.
- I believe that things will always work out for the best.
- Life is happening
- I accept and embrace all experiences, even the unpleasant ones.
If you have a favorite affirmation, leave it in the comments below!