During the week, I don’t have a lot of time to cook. I do all of my cooking on Sunday so I know I’m going into the week prepared. I bring my breakfast and lunch to work, so I wanted to share a few lunches that can be prepped and packaged for easy access on-the-go!
Here are three of my favorites.
Mac N Cheese With Broccoli
This is HANDS DOWN the best vegan mac and cheese I have eaten. (Okay, my aunt did make Mississippi Vegan’s Macaroni and Cheese once. That one is also very good but takes much more effort and you know I love a quick recipe!)
I added broccoli to get some extra greens in. You could make this with just the macaroni, or add your own favorite vegetable to suit your tastes.
Vegan Vegetable Pasta
This doesn’t look very pretty, but that’s the reality of meal prep!
I’m always in the mood for pasta so I love variations to throw into my weekly routines. I try to make all of my dishes filled with lots of protein, veggies, and carbs, and this one is a nice balance of all that.
Vegan Sausage With Roasted Veggies, Potatoes, And Rice
Recipe should last you a full week of lunches.
- 1 potato
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 pack of Tofurkey Sausage
- 1 yellow squash
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- Start cooking your rice by the bags instructions or in a rice cooker.
- Preheat your oven to 450 and chop up your potato into small chunks. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and (optional) nutritional yeast. Let cook for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Chop up your veggies and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add in the last 25 minutes with the potatoes.
- Cook your Tofurkey Sausage on the stove top until golden brown.
I was never really a sausage fan before I went vegan so I was a little skeptical to try the Tofurkey Sausage. But my life is now changed and I want to eat it ALL the time.
The best part about this bowl is that you can customize it to your liking! Switch out the veggies, swap out the regular potato for sweet potato – whatever you prefer!
Plus, one link of vegan sausage contains 30 grams of protein! I also like to sprinkle on nutritional yeast for some added flavor.
If you enjoyed these ideas, stay tuned for 3 of my favorite on-the-go vegan breakfast ideas coming soon!